Thursday, 26 July 2012

Non-starter at the Dog & Bull

I was looking forward to bestowing my beloved hometown of Croydon with the distinct and noble honour of hosting my inaugural AlexLikesBurgers review – but, as it transpired yesterday evening, the Dog & Bull on Surrey Street operates a farcical burger-hours policy: last orders at 7.45pm. That's right: A QUARTER TO EIGHT IN THE EVENING. In Spain, that's practically lunchtime still. The jobsworth "chef" – a youth who can only be described as Snoop Dogg with a helium chav patois – told me that I could come back tomorrow if I liked, because he'd be serving burgers again then. No shit, Snoop – that does tend to be modus operandi for hostelries advertising food and drink on a daily basis.

Still, it was nice to catch up with a childhood friend I hadn't seen for 15 years, and enjoy the evening sun in the Dog & Bull's quite-nice-for-Croydon beer garden. Hopefully, one day, I'll have one of their burgers.... And it'd better be good.

Not bad for Croydon

No comments:

Post a Comment